Excel Physical Therapy Community Education Series | Free & Open to the Public
“Injury Prevention and Safe Training Strategies for Climbers”
presented by Matt Heyliger, DPT
Monday, September 12, 2016 | 6:30-8:00pm
Bozeman Public Library Community Room
What You Will Learn:
- Learn about the most common contributing factors to both acute and overuse injuries in rock climbing.
- Learn self-care techniques that are critical to injury prevention and treatment.
- Learn how to safely re-introduce climbing after injury/rehabilitation.
- Discuss newer approaches to training for climbing and strategies to create a self-tailored training plan.
- Deepen your understanding of upper extremity anatomy and biomechanics.
- Have questions? Q&A with Matt Heyliger, DPT after the talk.
- Door prizes include “The Rock Climbers Training Manual: A Guide to Continuous Improvement”, Friction Labs chalk, Petzl Spirit Quickdraw and cool Specialized Excel PT water bottles
Matt Heyliger, DPT has been an avid climber for the past 14 years and his passion for climbing has taken him around the US, Canada and Mexico. He enjoys all forms of climbing (trad, sport and bouldering) and loves the variation in movement and style inspired by different types of rock. Matt has a specific interest focus in biomechanics and how impairments at one level or joint affect other body structures. More specifically, he has a particular interest in the relationship of cervical/thoracic spine mechanics and upper extremity conditions. Matt practices in both the Excel Physical Therapy offices in Bozeman and Manhattan.
"Five star experience! Thank you to the whole Excel PT team!" --R.A., Bozeman ClientView more testimonials from Excel PT clients »