Community Education Series | Free & Open to the Public
“MAKING SENSE OF BACK PAIN: what you’re doing wrong for back pain“
presented by Bobby Bemis, DPT, COMT, Dip. MT, FAAOMPT
Thursday, October 11, 2018 | 6:30-7:30pm
Bozeman Public Library Community Room
- What we are doing wrong with back pain as a society, as a healthcare system, and as individuals.
- Why not all back pain is the same and why that is so important to understand.
- Learn how to take the correct steps to control and manage your back pain in a healthy way.
- Why MRI’s and x-rays may be sometimes misleading.
- Learn practical exercises, movements, and modifications to help your pain and dysfunction.
- Low back pain from all age populations will be discussed.
- Q&A with Bobby after the talk.
Back pain is the most common complaint U.S. healthcare professionals receive daily. Come hear Bobby Bemis, a fellowship-trained orthopedic physical therapist through the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapy, discuss back pain and how you can find the pain relief you seek.
Bobby Bemis, DPT, COMT, Dip. MT, FAAOMPT specializes in orthopedic manual physical therapy of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. Although the spine is his specialty, Bobby has a high level of training in all regions of the body. After receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado, Bobby earned a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Regis University in Denver, Colorado. Post-graduation, Bobby became a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT), Diplomat of Manual Therapy (Dip. MT), as well as becoming certified in trigger point dry needling. Bobby then went on to become Fellowship trained through the Institute of Manipulative Physiotherapy and Clinical Training (IMPACT). Bobby was designated as a “Fellow” with the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapy (AAOMPT) after passing a rigorous oral and practical exam.
"From day one I was treated as though my situation was all that mattered. The staff is always available to answer questions. I was never pushed past my ability. Thanks!" -- R.H., Manhattan ClientView more testimonials from Excel PT clients »