Understanding Dizziness & Vertigo: How Vestibular Physical Therapy Can Help
presented by Bobby Bemis, DPT, COMT, Dip. MT, FAAOMPT
Join us to learn about how you can stop your (or your loved one’s) dizziness and vertigo symptoms. Excel Physical Therapy’s Bobby Bemis is a Cervical Spine Physical Therapist Specialist and Emory University Certified Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapist. He will host an informative talk about how to treat vertigo, dizziness and other vestibular issues with the latest research-based treatments. Learn how specialized training and treatment approaches, along with state-of-the-art equipment can help you.
Thursday, October 10, 2019
- What is the vestibular system and how does it work?
- What is the difference between dizziness and vertigo?
- Specialized physical therapy treatment for: migraines, BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), anxiety, vascular events, Menier’s disease, Vestibular Neuritis, cervicogenic dizziness, motion sickness, vestibular hypofunction and more.
- Demonstration of how infrared goggles are used for examination and treatment.
- Bring your questions! Question and answer period with Bobby after the talk.
Bobby Bemis, DPT, COMT, DIP.MT, FAAOMPT is a fellowship-trained physical therapist at Excel Physical Therapy. Bobby specializes in orthopedic manual physical therapy of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. Although the spine is his specialty, Bobby has a high level of training in all regions of the body. After receiving his undergraduate degree, Bobby earned a Doctorate in Physical Therapy, became a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT), Diplomat of Manual Therapy (Dip. MT), as well as becoming certified in trigger point dry needling. Bobby then went on to become Fellowship trained and was then designated as a “Fellow” with the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapy (AAOMPT) after passing a rigorous oral and practical exam. Only a very small percentage of physical therapists achieve this elite status. The “Fellow” is a physical therapist who has demonstrated advanced clinical, analytical, and hands-on skills in the treatment of musculoskeletal orthopedic disorders and is internationally recognized for their competence and expertise in the practice of manual physical therapy. Bobby achieved an Emory University Certified Vestibular Specialist designation due to advanced training and examination from the Emory University Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency-Based Course.