Our goal is to make sure to we are available for our patients and anyone else who needs us at this time while options remain limited. We are offering virtual physical therapy appointments for those who are unable to come into the Bozeman or Manhattan clinics.
Virtual Physical Therapy Appointments Our physical therapy providers are offering secure and HIPAA-compliant virtual physical appointments for anyone not able to attend in-clinic appointments. It’s as simple as clicking on an email link from us.
Call our Bozeman office at 406-556-0562 or by email at email@example.com to schedule a virtual PT visit. We are presently offering discounted self-pay pricing of $70 per virtual visit pricing for anyone without payer coverage during the COVID-19 period. Typical virtual visits are about 30-45 minutes depending on your specific need and treatment plan. We have a secure payment link easily accessible from our website to take care of payment arrangements for these visits.
Medicare calls these “e-visits” and is covering them for established patients only during the COVID-19 period. BCBS is offering coverage for virtual PT appointments for new and established patients and is waiving co-pays and deductible cost-sharing requirements as well during this time. We are closely monitoring all payer activity and responses for telehealth visit coverage on a daily basis. Please call your insurance company if you have questions for virtual (telehealth) physical therapy visit coverage or feel free to call our office at 406-556-0562.
How Does a Virtual PT Visit Work? A virtual pt visit is a secure HIPAA compliant video conference appointment where our front office or pt provider will email you a waiting room link to click on and join the appointment at your scheduled time from your favorite device, computer, phone or tablet. You are already dressed in easy to move or exercise clothing and your office or household does not have Netflix or similar live streaming apps open or in use. Our front office team will email you the easy instructions and link to join your appointment with your PT provider.
We also use SwitchBack Health to deliver and manage your home physical therapy exercise program during our virtual pt visit just like we do for in-clinic appointments. Switchback Health is a web-based application designed to help ensure you are doing your prescribed exercises correctly and with the correct frequency and technique designed by your physical therapist. See our Switchback FAQ to learn more about this secure, cloud-based tool our pt provider use for our in-clinic and virtual pt visits. Our team will set you up with your free Switchback account set up and email you a link as well if you and your provider choose to use this tool.
Why are physical therapy appointments, in-clinic or virtual, are valuable now and beyond this pandemic situation?:
- Physical therapy is more effective, less invasive and less expensive than traditional health care treatment options.
- Patients who get physical therapy right away are less likely to need specialist appointments, surgery, MRIs, and other expensive diagnostic procedures. And they spend less, an average of $4,500 less over the course of care.
- Physical therapy patients are less likely to need prescription pain killers.
- The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine found that PT patients are 35% less likely to be prescribed opioids, even if they only come for one visit. Since opioids are highly addictive and don’t treat pain – they only mask it.
- Physical therapy care can reduce the number of patients that are going to doctor’s offices and to the hospital for ER visits for musculoskeletal ailments. Crucial at this time to help reduce exposure to the coronavirus and so that our community healthcare providers are free to help those in the most need of COVID-19 treatment.
We are here for you! As always, your physical therapist is available through email or phone and we encourage you to communicate with them regarding your care. Our PT team is able to schedule a virtual visit for you directly as well. Reach out to our front office team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org too or to schedule a virtual pt visit too.
"I needed therapy for a neck problem. With treatment and advice from Matt, my neck and shoulders are much more comfortable and I am enjoying greatly increased range of motion. My experience at Excel PT was both beneficial and pleasant." -- J.W., Bozeman ClientView more testimonials from Excel PT clients »