Community Education Series - free and open to all
Wednesday, April, 17, 2019
Bozeman Public Library Community Room
Panel discussion topics to include:
Injury Prevention • Running mechanics • Training tips & techniques • Shoe selection • Foot strike pattern • Staying motivated • Answering your questions!
- Our first panel guest is a Montana State University distance coach! Hear a coach’s perspective on training, technique, and injury prevention.
- James Becker, PhD is an assistant professor at MSU in the Health and Human Development program. His research interests include biomechanical aspects of human performance and biomechanical factors contributing to orthopedic injuries and he has published numerous articles on running mechanics and running related injuries.
- Erika Rauk is a registered dietician and also has a masters degree in exercise physiology and sports nutrition.
- Nikki Kimball is an elite ultramarathon runner with numerous national titles, physical therapist and a longstanding member of the “Runners World” magazine advisory board.
- Jason Lunden, Sports Clinical Specialist, Physical Therapist and co-owner of Excel Physical Therapy
- Moderated by Megan Peach, Physical Therapist & Orthopedic Clinical Specialist at Excel Physical Therapy
Do you have a running question you'd like the panel to answer at the forum? Post your question on our Facebook event page. While you're there, check out the Relax & Run Giveaway contest on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Post a question, like/follow us and enter to win a free 60-minute Excel Massage!
Seating is limited to 100 attendees. For more information, contact Megan Peach, DPT, OCS, CSCS at 406.556.0562 or email@example.com.