Runner’s Clinic Evaluation
A specialized Evaluation Appointment with a program for running injury treatment and injury prevention
Whether you’re an ultra-running rockstar or champion of the cul-de-sac, you deserve to run pain-free. Through our Runner’s Clinic, our specialists keep you running strong and uninhibited. Up to 60% of running injuries occur while you’re training or racing. This makes them highly preventable. A typical runner will take a whopping 5,000+ steps during a 30-minute run. These recurrent forces can lead to breakdown of tendon, joint, or even bone. This is how injuries are formed, often sidelining you for weeks at a time.
We know you’re tough enough to grit your teeth and stride through the pain, but you shouldn’t have to. Not when there’s a team of professionals (and fellow running enthusiasts) ready to ensure your strongest miles are ahead of you.
Why Choose A Runner’s Clinic Evaluation Appointment at Excel Physical Therapy?
Due to running’s repetitive nature, recovery is often delayed. To prevent common injuries such as plantar fasciitis, knee pain, shin splints, and IT band pain, the root cause needs to be identified. We have the training necessary to empower you to continue doing what you love, pain-free. And if we can help it, we’ll always take the “run while you rehab” route—helping you keep up your passion through a healing approach.
Our Runner’s Clinic Process
We start with a professional Running Evaluation. The Running Evaluation examines your biomechanics, taking a holistic approach to identify abnormalities in your form and weaknesses that can be the underlying injury cause. Our physical therapists develop a personalized treatment plan to address gait flaws and fine-tune your body for better running efficiency.
“Thank you for all of your help getting my IT band back into good shape this spring. I ran the Ridge Run and my legs felt great the whole way.” –Excel PT Client
What to Expect at Your Runner’s Clinic Evaluation Appointment
- Comprehensive physical therapy evaluation to assess your injury cause(s) or identify and prevent future injuries.
- Running-specific muscle imbalance assessment; includes flexibility and strength testing.
- Video analysis of running gait and biomechanics to detect problems in running form.
- Footwear analysis and recommendations; analysis of foot structure and mechanics.
- Running-specific treatment plan to heal your injury, improve performance and enhance strength, flexibility and minimize risk of re-injury.
- Manual Therapy, Mobilization/Manipulation, and possible Dry Needling are used to address tightness, pain and aid in recovery.
- Please wear shirt and shorts that are contrasting colors due to use of a high speed camera during analysis. Wear clothes that you would normally wear running.
- Please bring your current running shoes and most recent past pair of running shoes, if you still have them.
Call us today at 406.556.0562
to schedule your Runner's Clinic
June 16, 2018
8am-12pm @ our Bozeman office location
Sometimes the best way to run is not to put on your running shoes but instead attend our Excel Physical Therapy Running Camp. This comprehensive 4-hour workshop ensures you are running correctly to avoid pain & injury. Your registration is reserved with a $10 donation. We will donate your registration amount to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank in your name.
Excel Physical Therapy hosts this running camp on Saturday, June 16, 2018, 8AM-12PM, at our new state-of-the-art Bozeman location at 1823 West College Street, (corner of South 19th and College).
Our Running Specialist PT Team will guide 30 participants through:
A discussion of training principles, stretching and strengthening exercises to reduce the risk of injury, cadence training and balance.
Running Mechanics instruction on how to decrease impact and increase efficiency.
Special guest discussions from the Gallatin Valley sport and health community.
How to choose the correct running shoes and gear.
Cadence retraining during a short local training run with our Running Specialist PT Team.
Q&A time with our running experts and special guests.
Attendees receive a running training program from our Running Specialist PT Team.
Join our email list below to sign up for our next Running Camp! Camp size is limited and a waiting list is available.
"Megan, Good work." -- Manhattan PatientView more testimonials from Excel PT clients »